We answer your frequently asked questions
First Time Buyers
Buying a holiday home or lodge may seem like a daunting experience but we believe in making things easy. Before you make a decision do your research to make sure your budget matches what you need and want – consider things like insurance, whether you’re renting it out, and how you might finance it.
Your dream location
Once you’re clued up on the basics it’s time to consider the best location for your home. Your home will be hard to move once it’s sited so you need to be happy with your chosen park.
Here are just a few things you might want to consider:
- What activities do you like doing?
- How far are you willing to travel if you’re visiting it regularly?
- Is it dog friendly?
- Will the kids have plenty to do?
- Would you prefer an adult only park?
- Does the park have all the amenities you need close by?
- Do you have any accessibility requirements?
- Most importantly, can you make lots of memories there?
- Is your park a member of the National Caravan Council (NCC) or (British Holiday & Home Parks Association)?
Before you decide on your location, we highly recommend shortlisting a few parks and visiting them so you can find out about fees, special offers, and the local area.
Your dream home
Our homes have been designed to suit a range of tastes and you are able to customise and add a variety of features to suit your needs. Do you need an en-suite? Do you want open plan or central lounge? Do you prefer a bath or shower? Do you love cooking up a storm in the kitchen? Will you have people staying over? Our brochure gives you all the information you need to help you pick your favourite and decide which one is right for you.
Some parks have Victory homes to view so you can step inside and see what it might be like to own one. They might also have your perfect Victory home or lodge for sale, ready to reserve so it’s always worth getting in touch with them.
Your dream pitch
You may be on your pitch for a few years so it’s important consider a few things before you reserve anything. Consider things like:
- Do you want peace and quiet or a lively atmosphere?
- Are views important to you?
- Do you want to make the most of the sun on a south-facing plot?
- What are the neighbours like?
- Is the pitch big enough for the Victory you want, plus any additional features like decking?
- Do you need ample parking?
- What’s your budget? Remember – pitches with views tend to cost more.
- Do you want the park to maintain your plot or are you happy to do it yourself?
You can sometimes move your home to another pitch on the park but there are often costs involved so it’s better to get it right first time.
Once you’ve made your decision and ordered your perfect Victory on your favourite park, we’ll get to work on building your home using our industry-leading Novus manufacturing process. Everything from kitchen cabinets to sockets, from upholstery to mattresses, is hand crafted so you can start to enjoy your Victory as soon as you step in the door.
If the home you’ve chosen is already on a park you won’t have to wait for delivery. Otherwise, we’ll let your park or dealer know as soon as it’s ready to be despatched – patience is a virtue! Once you’ve moved in make sure you read your Owners’ Handbook and any other documents included so you can get the most out of your home.
We’d love to see pictures of you enjoying your new home, so head to our Facebook page and share them – and if you have any furry friends, we’d love to see them too.
You can only buy a Victory home from a park or certified distributor. We provide RRPs for all of our homes but the final price you pay is likely to be different. Much like the housing market, where you site your home can make a difference. You will also need to take into account site fees (which are often charged yearly), transportation, utilities, optional extras, and maintenance.
All of our homes can only be bought through our national network of parks and distributors.
We have a national network of parks and distributors who are always happy to help. If you’d like us to put you in touch with them, let us know.
A holiday home, or single unit, is the most popular type of home we manufacture. They can be up to 14ft wide and come in a variety of lengths to suit you. A holiday lodge, or twin unit, can be almost double the size of a holiday home (up to 22ft) and offer more space and often an open plan design. They are usually more expensive than holiday homes.
You can but you will need to make sure your budget covers every eventuality and consider a few things before you decide to go ahead:
- Do you need planning permission? We would recommend speaking to your local council before making any arrangements.
- Homes need to sit on a concrete base which will need around a month to harden before anything is placed on them. We would highly recommend asking a skilled tradesperson to do this. You will also need to provide blocks to sit your home on before it arrives.
- You will need to get in touch with a siting company who can properly site your new home on your land – we can recommend a few excellent teams should you need it.
- Can it be easily connected to gas, electricity, sewage and water? Your home will need to be commissioned by qualified tradespeople e.g. Gas Safe engineer before you can stay or live in it.
- How much will delivery be and who would Victory recommend?
- Do you have a clear access route, or can you easily create one?
- Do you need to do any prep work for decking or patios before your chosen tradesperson comes to carry out the work?
Siting a holiday home or lodge is not an impossibility but if you need help and advice, please get in touch.
Our homes are sold as fully furnished so everything apart from the “props” we use to style them, like vases, picture frames, and dinnerware, is included.
The combination of solid construction and evolutionary design integrated with comfort and function, demonstrates the depth of knowledge and long experience that the management and staff of Victory Leisure Homes have gained over many years working within the holiday home industry.
This underpinning gives us the confidence to offer a two-year warranty to all purchasers within the UK subject to certain terms and conditions. For purchasers outside of the UK, please refer to your supplier for warranty details.
The warranty available is additional to and does not affect your statutory rights under consumer legislation.
Our latest holiday home brochure can be downloaded here. We also attend shows throughout the year and will update our blog accordingly. It’s always worth signing up to our newsletter (signup at the bottom of the page) to be the first to hear about the shows you can see us at.
We also have an Experience Centre where you can view a select range of models and ask any questions you may have. To book an appointment, please get in touch.
BS3632 is a standard of build designed to mimic features of a bricks and mortar home. Although holiday homes and lodges can’t usually be lived in all-year round BS3632 offers superior insulation, central heating, acoustic and safety features, and enhanced double glazing so you can feel comfortable throughout the seasons.
Existing Home Owners
Your serial number can be found on rear exterior of your home.
We would always advise getting in touch with our customer care team before making any changes to your home. Make sure you have your serial number handy so we can see the specific details of your home.
To order additional accessories or furniture, please speak to your park or dealer who will place a request with us. We will then provide a quotation and will place an order if you are happy with the quote.
Your first port of call should always be the park or distributor where you bought it from. Without an official request from them, we are unable to review any issues you may have. Once we have received the warranty or aftersales request, we will give the park or dealer an estimated date when an engineer will be on site to look at your home if required.