We’re all going on a sustainable holiday
Following the gradual lifting of lockdown restrictions, we asked the British public how their approach to holidaying would be affected. Here’s what they had to say…
‘We’re all going on a sustainable holiday’
The last 18 months has seen a staycation boom. No one knows more about it than us – we’ve had to open an extra factory to fulfil demand!
But as lockdown restrictions start to lift, we wanted to know: will we see a drop in staycations? Turns out, our UK-based adventuring is only set to increase.
A new generation of holidaymakers have been inspired to stay closer to home and are now considering the environmental impact and value for money as important factors in planning their post-pandemic breaks.
The results are in…
- Two thirds of people surveyed* (66%) said that the environment played a big part in their holiday planning
- 2 in 5 surveyed (40%) considered value for money money/financial benefits as important factors in their decision to ‘holiday at home’
- 2% of respondents agree that their priorities when holidaying have shifted since the outbreak of the pandemic
- 25-34-year-olds are most likely to holiday in the UK
- With summer just around the corner, the research also revealed that 64% of respondents are planning to take a holiday this year, with almost half (46%) looking at staying within the UK
So, what does this mean for the UK’s tourism industry?
The staycation boom has meant that more people have discovered the hidden gems right on their doorsteps. We’ve all realised the benefits of traveling within the UK, particularly when it comes to looking after the environment – and our pennies!
Every year, we create close to 3,000 luxury lodges and holiday homes for holiday parks across the UK and Ireland. Our orders have doubled since the outbreak of COVID-19. And the results of this survey certainly suggest that things aren’t going to be slowing down any time soon for us – or the rest of the UK’s tourism industry.
Stand apart during your staycation
The only way to staycation is of course, in a Victory Leisure Homes Lochwood. Or maybe in the Riverwood Lodge. Or perhaps in a Lakewood Lodge. But don’t take our word for it, discover the full range here.
*This research was conducted by Censuswide, with 2,008 respondents aged 16+ in GB between 25.05.2021 – 28.05.2021. The survey was conducted as Nationally representative for gender, age, and region. Censuswide abide by and employ members of the Market Research Society which is based on the ESOMAR principles.